What follows is the process to build one truck.
- Templates. Printed on 8.5 x 14 paper. Print two copies to build all of the trucks for a SquareJaw machine
- Spray adhesive on the back of a template and let it air dry for a minute or so. Line up the center section with a piece of 3/4 inch square tubing.
- Cut to length using a hack saw or a chop saw. The exact length is NOT critical as the dimensions and spacing for the bolts and bearings are laid out on the template.
- Pre-drill all holes (use a larger bit than this as I broke this one 2 minutes after shooting this picture. Drill out all tapped hols with a 17/64's bit and the through drilled holes to 5/16"
- Place a 5/16-18 x 2 bolt through the trhough drilled holes and arrange washer, bearing, washer, bearing, washer, bearing, washer.
- Finished truck. This took me about 10 minutes to build. Ignore the extra hole as that is where I had to back drill after breaking my cobalt bit off in the hole.
Below are the template files and a parts list for the entire machine so far along with sources and costs.