Some new non-CNC projects coming soon!

Official communication from HighTechDIY. (Users can not make new topics, but can reply.)
Own CNC?: Yes

Some new non-CNC projects coming soon!

Postby Awesomeness » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 pm

I hope to do some more work on the Spartan soon, but in the mean time I've been busy with a few other projects that are "high tech DIY", though not CNC related.

I needed a large (few gallon) vacuum chamber for a few other projects, but was shocked to find that they cost a few hundred dollars minimum for tiny ones, and several hundred to thousands of dollars for ones the size I needed. After a little work, I managed to source some parts and build a DIY vacuum chamber plenty large enough for my needs, at a big discount. Some of the materials are a bit tricky to find, but plans and kits will be coming soon!

I've also been helping my brother out, who is on a "Molecular Gastronomy" kick. Molecular gastronomy is basically cooking food with fancy scientific methods and tools. We're building a Sous Vide cooker, which is a precision controlled hot water bath, that will hopefully be done this week. Instructions and probably kits coming soon, as well. :D

Return to “News & Announcements”