Information for beyond the build

The design of other, logistical features, such as documentation, parts lists, supply sources, and instructions.
dinki

Information for beyond the build

Postby dinki » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 am

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. I'm almost finished my book build and have been looking at what happens next (in terms of actually using the machine). As a beginner, the amount of information on setting up the machine in mach3 and making the first cut seems to include a decent amount of reading and learning.

My question is are there any plans to lead the beginner builders of the Spartan project with some sort of guide for going from building the machine to actually using the machine to begin using their newly built machine? Is this included in the scope of the project?

Perhaps thing swill be clearer once I actually begin going through the mach3 setup instructions. I've almost finished reading the manual and it does seem to be well written. A guide specifically written for the Spartan project machine could help by showing what portions of mach3 are most important, necessary, or not applicable.

Awesomeness
Own CNC?: Yes

Re: Information for beyond the build

Postby Awesomeness » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 am

Yes, I absolutely intend to have a "Quickstart Guide", that should include the appropriate basic settings, some tests to perform, and then a sample file/cut to make to ensure everything is correct.

Like you, after building my first machine I was a bit lost.

beermkr

Postby beermkr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:46 am

I would like to see the guide address both Mach3 and EMC2. Getting into this hobby cost enough as it was so saving the $150 by using EMC2 was a given for me.
Mike Pensinger
Chief Brewer, The River Company Brewery, Radford, VA

Keith

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 am

I agree with Mike, I would like to see a guide for EMC2. I went the MACH3 route as I could not get to grips with EMC2. However I would have prefered to save money and used EMC2!

Awesomeness
Own CNC?: Yes

Postby Awesomeness » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:53 am

It should be easy enough to have a guide for both. In the end, the settings are dependent on the machine's capabilities, so it's just a matter of writing two guides about where to put enter them into either program.

Return to “Logistic Design”